After what seems like the longest Lent in history, here we are finally celebrating in the risen Lord. Isn’t it glorious?
The thing I love most about the liturgical seasons, specifically Easter, is that we party on for dayyyysssss. As it should be!
Easter here was beautiful. We made it to an early morning Mass, the kids sat through almost the entire thing, and then we beached it up through the afternoon. I made a bombshell Easter dinner that was fully Autoimmune Paleo compliant (more on that later) and the kids somehow came out unscathed from their rare jelly bean sugar rush.
Here are some ideas I have for this week and the coming season to keep the Easter joy at the forefront of our minds….
- Coloring sheets for the kiddos during quiet time (I really enjoy the ones found in Lacy’s book at Catholic Icing)
- Lighting our Easter candle from the Mass Box at dinner with a prayer and ALLELUIA
- Turning on some solid worship music while driving or at play (I’m partial to Matt Maher during the Easter season since his stuff can be so jubilant and liturgically oriented)
- Keeping Easter decorations up as long as we can
- Proclaiming that the Lord has risen each day and having the kids respond with an Alleluia
- Feasting and allowing a few more treats than usual
And I also wanted to celebrate the season with my readers! The awesome creatives at the Catholic Box have sent me a couple of their gorgeous prints. I loved the Lenten one so much and I’m giving away the Easter one to a lucky reader so you can keep up the joy in your home!
These are prints from their monthly Frameable Faith Subscription – I’m so in love with their stuff. It’s SO well done, professional, faithful to the Church, and simply beautiful art. It would be a great way to fill your home with Catholic art, have quick last minute gifts on hand, and support a growing Catholic company. (You can do a free trial as well so hop on over to check them out!)
So you wanna win it? Head to the Rafflecopter below and get some EASY entries – I’ll announce the winner in a week! Happy Easter, dear friends!
a Rafflecopter giveaway